1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Team Building Providers

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by iol1, Nov 2, 2015.

1. iol1

iol1 New commenter

Hi all,

I'm a current Head of Year 7. We have historically taken our pupils on a residential trip in September / October as part of their transition. The major factor was to help build a cohesive spirit across the year group and to build their relationships and team working skills and to get to know each other.

We are considering not doing it any longer (it's relatively expensive and has massive staffing costs) and instead to do something similar in house. So, I wondered if anyone has used external team building / corporate event providers that you could recommend that visit you on your site. The budget is relatively small therefore I don't want to fork out £1500 for something we could easily do ourselves. But, it would be nice to have something that is more than 'build a structure from paper' kind of activities.

The school is Manchester based.

Thanks