1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TeachVid

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by mlapworth, Nov 13, 2019.

1. mlapworth

mlapworth Occasional commenter

I haven't been on here for quite a while. People may be familiar with my previous IT-based tools for MFL teachers: TaskMagic and Textivate. (Or they may not...)

Well, I invite you to check out my latest project: TeachVid

It's a platform for exploiting short videos and their transcripts. Think EdPuzzle meets LyricsTraining meets Textivate. It works on multiple levels to gets students engaged with the video content, combining listening / dictation-like activities with translation and text reconstruction, and providing students with multiple written and aural repetitions of the language of the video.

It has a free access level which:
    • Provides full access to the many "featured" resources (including interactive player, interactive activities, printable PDFs)
    • Allows you to set up real-time LIVE competitions based on the many "featured" resources
    • Allows you to create up to 5 resources of your own
    (Subscribers get to set up classrooms, set assignments, and lots of other extras)

Here's the website: https://www.teachvid.com

Scroll down that page and try one of the "featured" resources listed on the home page, or search via the "Resources" menu option. (Featured resources, of which there are many, can be identified by a gold star.)

sbkrobson likes this.
  2. mlapworth

3. mlapworth

Here's an example French resource. It is based on *that* Macron anti-bullying speech from a couple of weeks ago. Great for (higher) GCSE French :)

Here's the link: https://www.teachvid.com/resource/pw6qNXLYTqE75Dutlh9f

(Follow the link above and click on "Open resource" to see the interactive player. From there you can also access the interactive activities. There are printable PDFs on the page too.)

macron_harcelement.png

4. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Occasional commenter

I've used some of your resources in the past and benefited, as have the kids. I'll check this out. Thanks. :)