1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching Whole school (19 children)

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pcallaghan, Jun 1, 2011.

1. HELP!!! I WILL HAVE A P1-7 CLASS (19 children in total) next year!!!
    Has anyone got ANY advice with regards to teaching 19 children ranging from primary 1 - 7. Unfortunately our numbers dropped due to several families moving from the local area and we are going from a two teacher school to one! ME! I have experience of teaching 3/4 way composite classes (Primary 4-7) But I have never had to teach ALL stages ALL the time! I really need advice/ help/ support because this is a daunting task and I am really struggling with the logistics of how this can be done... With regards to daily, weekly and termly planning. As it stands I will have 10 maths groups - 9 spelling groups and 8 reading groups and 2 indiviudals, unfortunately the children cannot be grouped together as they are ALL pretty much working at different levels/stages. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP![​IMG]

2. I can't really offer advice as I've not had to teach all levels before but just wanted to say good luck!! A few years back there was a poster called Shetland kat who taught whole school - try searching for her - you might get some ideas.

3. I'm afraid I can't offer any advice (I'm secondary), but wanted to say good luck! It sounds like a massive challenge. I went to a small primary school and loved the mixed-age, all-in-together classroom; I've only recently realised what a nightmare it must have been for the teacher!

4. I am going to be in the same position as yourself next term and I have spent my whole summer planning! What I am wondering is when am I going to have the time to do it once I actually start teaching? :)