1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching Vacancy!

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by seendee, Feb 13, 2018.

1. seendee

seendee New commenter

Hi,all! Any ( Music- or Elementary) teaching vacancy in S.E Asia, China, or America? Is there any immediate opening like before August?
    Where do you usually go for job searching? I think apply through recommendation is better. What you think?

2. rosiecg

rosiecg Occasional commenter

You'll have to look through the job sites - TES Jobs still has some vacancies in the areas you're looking at.

3. schmedz

schmedz Occasional commenter

There are literally dozens for the new academic year currently advertised, seendee! As for 'immediate' - Good luck.

4. february31st

february31st Established commenter

Get yourself onto LinkedIn and fill out your profile with your CV agencies will find you.

5. ejclibrarian

ejclibrarian Established commenter Community helper

LinkedIn, really? I have never found it useful for anything.

dumbbells66 likes this.
  6. february31st

february31st Established commenter

I can see about 100jobs in Shanghai at the moment advertised on LinkedIn, some of them offering better packages then the rent-a-name schools. Salaries in the 20-30krmb range made up the majority.

There are over 900 schools in China that can employ foreign teachers and only a small percentage of them use the TES for job adverts.

I got 2 or 3 job offers a week for Dubai due to people searching my qualification.

7. ejclibrarian

ejclibrarian Established commenter Community helper

I'm not really interested in living/working in any of those locations so I guess I'm not missing out lol

8. agbak

agbak New commenter

Fill out the TES Talent Hunt!
    I've been approached by 3 schools in Abu Dhabi
    I'm EYFS/KS1 teacher