1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching Today Feb 2011

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Hazel Catkins, Mar 8, 2011.

1. <table align="left" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
    <tr>
    <td style="padding:0cm;" align="left"> </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

Yesterday, I received the February 2011 edition of Teaching Today (issue 76), the NASUWT&rsquo;s
    magazine for members. Articles include: International Day for the Elimination
    of Violence Against Women, Royal Wedding, President Visits Gibralter, World
    Aids Day, Gobal Rankings Expose Flaw in Government&rsquo;s Education Vision, Citizens
    UK Building Powerful Institutions for the Common Good, International News, Send
    My Sister to School and Monitors Needed for Refugee Teachers. There is a page
    with a crossword and sudoku.

What is the total number of articles or references to supply
    teachers? Well, on page 31, under the heading of &lsquo;Minister Lobbied on Induction
    Rule&rsquo; and the sub-heading &lsquo;Annual Conference 2011&rsquo;, the twelfth in a list of
    nineteen bullet points is &lsquo;supply teachers&rsquo;. Because it is not written as a
    true font, it does not show up at all in a search of the online version at: www.nasuwt.org.uk/TeachingToday.
    At a time of enormous difficulties for supply teachers, if it is not clear
    where the NASUWT&rsquo;s loyalties lie, it is certainly obvious where they do not.

2. <table align="left" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
    <tr>
    <td style="padding:0cm;" align="left"> </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

Yesterday, I received the February 2011 edition of Teaching Today (issue 76), the NASUWT&rsquo;s
    magazine for members. Articles include: International Day for the Elimination
    of Violence Against Women, Royal Wedding, President Visits Gibralter, World
    Aids Day, Gobal Rankings Expose Flaw in Government&rsquo;s Education Vision, Citizens
    UK Building Powerful Institutions for the Common Good, International News, Send
    My Sister to School and Monitors Needed for Refugee Teachers. There is a page
    with a crossword and sudoku.

What is the total number of articles or references to supply
    teachers? Well, on page 31, under the heading of &lsquo;Minister Lobbied on Induction
    Rule&rsquo; and the sub-heading &lsquo;Annual Conference 2011&rsquo;, the twelfth in a list of
    nineteen bullet points is &lsquo;supply teachers&rsquo;. Because it is not written as a
    true font, it does not show up at all in a search of the online version at: www.nasuwt.org.uk/TeachingToday.
    At a time of enormous difficulties for supply teachers, if it is not clear
    where the NASUWT&rsquo;s loyalties lie, it is certainly obvious where they do not.

3. It's been my opinion, held over the years since workforce reform, that the NASUWT basically has never liked supply teachers. This is nothing new. NUT gives more prominence to supply teachers, I think the majority of supply have transferred membership to NUT, not that it is a potent force on the supply issue.