1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching 'The Butterfly Lion' by Michael Morpurgo

Discussion in 'English' started by emclairev, Apr 6, 2012.

1. I currently teach pupils in Year 7/8 with SEN. I have spoken with their previous primary schools and none have read the above book. I've been trawling the web and the read and respond book for 'The Butterfly Lion' in order to make up my own scheme of work for the book. I was just wondering whether anyone has come across any good resources in teaching this book in the past? This will be the first time I have taught this book - the children have been inspired to read another Morpurgo book after having read and watched 'War Horse'. Hopefully this will inspire them to keep reading, especially as over 50% of the class are dyslexic or have dyslexic difficulties!
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    el_105@hotmail.com

2. I currently teach pupils in Year 7/8 with SEN. I have spoken with their previous primary schools and none have read the above book. I've been trawling the web and the read and respond book for 'The Butterfly Lion' in order to make up my own scheme of work for the book. I was just wondering whether anyone has come across any good resources in teaching this book in the past? This will be the first time I have taught this book - the children have been inspired to read another Morpurgo book after having read and watched 'War Horse'. Hopefully this will inspire them to keep reading, especially as over 50% of the class are dyslexic or have dyslexic difficulties!
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    el_105@hotmail.com