1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching subtraction

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mancminx, Jan 27, 2016.

1. mancminx

mancminx New commenter

Can someone on here please help me with this? I've looked online, watched various youtube videos but still I'm unsure on which methods and which order to teach them.
    I have bought a new book which I saw recommended on TES 'teaching maths for primary teachers' (might have got the title wrong! But its by Derek Haylock.
    I cant really ask at school for this type of help.
    I teach lower ks 2. Year 4
    Thanks

2. Studyzonetv

Studyzonetv Occasional commenter

Hi. You should have a calculation policy somewhere at school which details the methods you should follow. I would ask your maths subject leader for this. I would hope they'd be pleased you wanted to follow the policy.

I'm sure I could share our calculation policy if you don't have one. Send me an email if required.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Definitely ask or you might find yourself in trouble for not following school policy.

4. mancminx

mancminx New commenter

Ive looked on the school shared drive and couldn't find it. If you could send me a copy of yours that would be very helpful.
    samanthahornby@hotmail.com
    thank you