1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching - Should I stay or should I go.

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by paulfowlds, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Hi all. A bit of advice needed. Im a 43 year old male primay NQT - qualified for 3 years. I am currently working day to day supply for 3 agencies, but am working on a 12-month extention issued by my LEA which runs out in August. Jobs are few and far between around here and Im not getting shortlisted.
    Also, my confidence is quite low at the moment due to two long-term supply assignments in three months failing to materialise as promised.
    I'm thinking of what to do when my extension runs out. I love teaching, but with wont be able to do day to day supply after August. Do I stay in schools as a TA, so I'm staying in education, or should I jack it all in? My degree is in Primary Education, so I suppose there is little scope for other career paths. Prior to teaching I worked in an office, but was very low ranking (I decided to do the degree and train as a teacher for a bit of dignity!)

2. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Education in museums/galleries/forests? PGL or 'camps'? There's a lot you can do its just whether the jobs are out there at the moment. Maybe look at 'The Challenge' which is a summer programme, they may need some people year round.
    Guardian jobs is quite good for non teaching education type jobs, definitely worth a look. x