1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching science with analogies research

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mattslocombe, Feb 12, 2019.

1. mattslocombe

mattslocombe New commenter

Hi everyone,

My name is Matt. I’m a researcher and teacher at the Centre for Educational Neuroscience in London. We are currently looking for primary schools in London and surrounding counties who would be interested in taking part in a science learning research project over the summer and autumn terms.

The aim of the project is to develop new methods for teaching science concepts to children using analogies. The study would involve working individually with Year one children for 30-40 minutes each at school. During this time, they would take part in either a number of reasoning and memory games or a science learning activity. At the end of the project, we hope to have produced some simple classroom ready methods that can help children learn abstract science concepts more easily.

If you are interested in taking part and would like to know more, please email me at msloco01@mail.bbk.ac.uk or happy to discuss the project in more detail here!

You can find out more about the Centre for Educational Neuroscience here as well as some of our previous research here.

Best wishes,
    Matt