1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching rotation

Discussion in 'Primary' started by milliebear1, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Just interested to see if there's a better way of teaching this.
    Did it today with my class. We used tracing paper and split pins to practise turning the shape through 90 and 180 degree turns clockwise and anti-clockwise. I wa planning to teach them to use tracing paper (although not the split pins!) in a test situation as well. Perhaps 'held in place by their pencil. Is this the right approach? Is there a better/more obvious way I should be getting them to do this?
    Shape and space (as you can probably guess) really not my strongest suit.

2. Just interested to see if there's a better way of teaching this.
    Did it today with my class. We used tracing paper and split pins to practise turning the shape through 90 and 180 degree turns clockwise and anti-clockwise. I wa planning to teach them to use tracing paper (although not the split pins!) in a test situation as well. Perhaps 'held in place by their pencil. Is this the right approach? Is there a better/more obvious way I should be getting them to do this?
    Shape and space (as you can probably guess) really not my strongest suit.