1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching Resources - Top Picks

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by JosieWhitehead, Dec 29, 2017.

1. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

As a contributor to teacher's resources, and I am a retired teacher and the writer of 1,350 poems for children which go into 188 countries of the world - I have to say that I feel like not contributing any more of my work to TES. I feel like a child who might feel when they come bottom of the class. I think that when anyone at all does their best, in whatever they contribute for teachers to use, as an adult, "top picking" is insulting to adults. Perhaps I'm not the only one who feels this. I'm very sorry to say this but perhaps if teachers want my work, they will know where my 5 huge websites are that, with the writing of the poems and illustrations, have taken me ten to eleven unpaid years of my retirement. I expect my topic will not be classed as suitable to put on here. I do feel sad for all of you who do your best and whose work isn't described as a top pick.