1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching Reception Capacity - Fun ways!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by sparklegirl512, Jan 11, 2009.

1. I am an NQt and teaching my Reception class capacity this week. Our vehicle for learning is water vehicles and am stuck for fun ways of teaching capacity.

Also, do i only need to go as far as empty/full for non-standard units of measurement or do I need to explain further?

Any help would be fab,

Thanks in anticipation :)

2. I am an NQt and teaching my Reception class capacity this week. Our vehicle for learning is water vehicles and am stuck for fun ways of teaching capacity.

Also, do i only need to go as far as empty/full for non-standard units of measurement or do I need to explain further?

Any help would be fab,

Thanks in anticipation :)

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

I'd have thought terms such as nearly full and almost empty/ more/less/etc would be almost impossible to avoid.
    Don't get stuck on water vehicles if they don't seem to be doing the trick.

4. Thanks! How would you teach this concept? I am beginning with looking at bottles filled wih different amounts of water introducing concept of full/empty/half empty. not sure where to next move to?

[​IMG]