1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching posts

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by braemar, Sep 28, 2015.

1. braemar

braemar New commenter

Is a local authority north of Hamilton still keeping their secondary permanent posts for candidates that are working within the authority as I haven't seen any advertised posts in my subject for a while?

Also if a permanent post is advertised when probationers are allowed to apply, do probationers who work in the authority have preference rights over external candidates who may have experience outwith the local authority and would like to work for them?

2. partickz

partickz New commenter

NLC are advertising some posts as internal only- they are advertised on MyJobScotland internal NLC page. The link to this is shared in schools.

3. braemar

braemar New commenter

Is the reason for the internal only posts still financial constraints? I have heard that it restricts the pool of available talent for promoted posts.

4. partickz

partickz New commenter

Not been officially been given a reason that I know of. I think HTs can "go national" if no suitable leet or candidate for a post at interview.