1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching Possiblities with a third

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by clobo_2011, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I have a Foundation Degree in Graphic Design at a pass level plus a BA Hons Third. What are the ways I can get into teaching? I think a GTP is out of the question as I don't have 2:2 but I do have another degree will that count for anything? Also if not is a PGCE best option, I also have to bear in mind the fact that I have had 4 years of funding from Student Loan so need to do train on job where possible.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Chloe

2. Hi,
    I have a Foundation Degree in Graphic Design at a pass level plus a BA Hons Third. What are the ways I can get into teaching? I think a GTP is out of the question as I don't have 2:2 but I do have another degree will that count for anything? Also if not is a PGCE best option, I also have to bear in mind the fact that I have had 4 years of funding from Student Loan so need to do train on job where possible.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Chloe

3. FollyFairy

FollyFairy Occasional commenter

This link may help:
    http://www.tda.gov.uk/get-into-teaching/teacher-training-options.aspx I would add though that I think Gove is demanding all teachers have at least 2:2 but I maybe wrong here...

4. Hi Chloe
    You can contact GTP providers by searching www.tda.gov.uk/get-into-teaching/teacher-training-options/gtp/Search.aspx to see if they will accept you onto a course with a third class degree and a foundation degree. The GTP is the employment-based route, so the other options are the PGCE or SCITT, which are the academic-based routes. You would also need to contact those course providers regarding your qualifications.
    You can have a look at www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/UniversityAndHigherEducation/StudentFinance/Gettingstarted/DG_171574
    For details of financial support for which you may be eligible.
    I wish you all the best for your future career, whichever route you choose.
    Stephen Hillier, TDA