1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching Portfolio

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by bigpinkcrayon., Feb 24, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I'm thinking about putting together a teaching portfolio to take to prospective job interviews.
    How many people have done this/are thinking to do this also? If so, what would you recommend that I include? I'm on a PGCE Primary course.
    Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

2. Hi all,
    I'm thinking about putting together a teaching portfolio to take to prospective job interviews.
    How many people have done this/are thinking to do this also? If so, what would you recommend that I include? I'm on a PGCE Primary course.
    Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

3. Hi
    After hours of searching for good layout ideas I did this for P.G.C.E interviews but the same principle applies and i will use mine for job interviews. This is my table of contents(advisable to put in and also header pages for each section)
    c.v
    refererences and recommendations
    certificates of education
    personal statement
    classroom management
    lesson plans and schemes of work
    examples of children's work
    children's assessment examples
    art & dt {my subject)
    extra curricular
    displays
    community cohesion {if possible}
    lesson observations
    Hope that helps i used a 40 pocket document folder.
    doodle73

4. Wow, that is so helpful, thank you!
    Can I just ask what sort of things you would have in the 'classroom management' section?
    I have bougth a big black leather-style folder, so can just add bits as I go.
    Thanks again! :)

5. Thankyou also, this is really useful! Could I ask what you have put it your references section? My references will be passing their references straight onto schools I am applying for so I won't actually have copies of these? :eek:)

6. I am now in my third year of teaching, but I put together a portfolio for job interviews when I was applying during my pgce. I would warn you not to make it too long! I did not include a cv or references in mine as the school had already had these as part of my application. I had a section for each placement with my experiences, achievements and targets, observations in literacy, maths, science, ict and PE (as PE was a focus for the school) and lots of photos of me teaching, telling stories, in role, on trips, in a forest school and of my displays. My school loved it! I don't think they would have wanted to look through a huge file. I used a silk covered hardback book with pockets for pages and good quality cream paper. Hope that helps.