1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching pettls, cettls and dettls. What do you need?

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by Beezlebub, Aug 4, 2008.

1. My employers have asked if I can teach pettls, cettls and dettls. I have previously taught the 7302 qualification, through City and Guilds but, as I don't know anything about pettls, cettls and dettls, I have no idea whether I am qualified to teach them (or if I'd want to)

Before I make a complete idiot of myself can anyone suggest anywhere I can find out this information? I have a PGCE in Primary Education.

2. My employers have asked if I can teach pettls, cettls and dettls. I have previously taught the 7302 qualification, through City and Guilds but, as I don't know anything about pettls, cettls and dettls, I have no idea whether I am qualified to teach them (or if I'd want to)

Before I make a complete idiot of myself can anyone suggest anywhere I can find out this information? I have a PGCE in Primary Education.

3. As far as I know you dont need any particular quals- teacher ed advertisments usually ask for lots of teaching experience. PTTLS etc are for FE though so your primary quals may not help too much .Depends what you've been doing since
    (Preparing to teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector. Certificate then Diploma)
    PTTLS is quite a low level for new teachers so shouldn't be too difficult- cant remember what the 730/2 covers though
    Ask your employers if they think you can do it and why, then you might get a better idea
    Generally quite an enjoyable thing to teach in my experience. Good luck

4. Hello.

I course direct the PTLLS course. It is very similiar (but different to the 7302.)

We run it over ten weeks 3.5 hrs per week.
    City & Guilds state in their 7303 handbook that you need teacher training quals.

My best bit of advice to you is to type this into your computer

www.cityandguilds.com/qtls.
    Trust me if you have taught 7302, you won't struggle with 7303. Remember that there is ONE level that you teach at and two levels to mark at. Level three is more in line with the old 7302 and 7303 level four, requires academic referncing, evidence of further research etc. Hope this helps.

Chaka.

5. Thanks for the advice. It's much appreciated.

6. to teach pettls, cettls and dettls may I suggest you get some flowers, a thing to brew up with and some soap.

think about it, bloody stupid acronyms.

7. I may add the tulips, kettle and Dettol to my Micro-teach luckydip! Gurupta, genius thinking. I already have in that there bag a leaflet on colonic hydrotherapy, a dolls head, a roll of wallpaper, a hairdryer with Australian current, an expired passport, a kitchen roll holder, a hat box etc etc etc.

8. Not genius thinking, but ripped off from elsewhere. I heard Lee Davies of the IfL say this with respect to dtlls, ctlls and dtlls - probably a year or so ago when explaining why he will not use the abbreviations - went something along the lines of dtlls, dettols - sounds like we are disinfecting our teachers for the future.

9. Yes it is genius thinking from me! I wasn't aware of anyone else saying this, so it appears that great minds think alike : )

10. Go Gerupta the Genius! Go Gerupta Go Gerupta Go Gerupta!

11. It may be to soon to ask this but can anyone recommend:
    (1) any books written for these new courses ?
    (2) web site for relevant teaching & learning resources ?

12. Hello, if you are doing City & Guilds 7303 etc I would sign up for the Smartscreen service. It is £175 but the price will be rising to £200 soon. It has lots of useful stuff and if you were really stuck there is even an example scheme of work with an attached reading list. Each section is broken down into relevant chapters and worksheets are provided. The good thing about it is that the learner can access it, so you can shrink the precis down massively.

Chaka.

13. There is a book soon to be published for PTLLS - done some proof reading and its very good and of use to all teachers. Will give more info when I know dates and publisher

14. Hi

Any one got final assignment for DTTLS Year 1?

TL108: Managing Challenging Behaviour

If you can please email to jambo2u2002@hotmail.com

Many thanks