1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching PE in PPA time

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by tracer24, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Hi, I am asking advice on behalf of a friend. I used to teach primary years ago but am now out of touch. My friend has been offerd a TA's job covering for ppa time and is expected to teach PE. It seems that she will have to plan the lesson herself and while she does want to get back into teaching has decided to get experience and build her confidence by going for the TA job. I do think that it is wrong for the school to expect her to plan it but she is happy to do it to gain the experience. Do any of you have any advice for her, websites she can use for lesson plans etc? Or schemes/ lesson plans that you use.Thank you for any advice you can offer.
    </td></tr></table>

2. Hello
    This is something I do at the moment but as a volunteer atempting to become a teaching assistant due to my sports coaching quallification.
    http://www.primaryresources.co.uk/pe/pe.htm
    This is a good site for lesson plans ect
    What year groups is she working with?