1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching on Mallorca

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by antmails, May 29, 2018.

1. antmails

antmails New commenter

Does anyone have any experience in teaching on the island.
    We have been offered teaching posts on fairly low salaries 32K euro a year and wanted to know if this was good for Spain?

2. Ne11y

Ne11y New commenter

Spain is notorious for being low: you don't go there for the salary...

Do you have a package of any sort with it? If yes, it sounds like a decent offer (32k x2) for Spain. Even without a package, that's close to an M6 salary in the UK.

3. blue451

blue451 Occasional commenter

It's pretty good for Spain BUT Mallorca won't be cheap - Palma has always been a bit pricey and unfortunately rents are being forced upwards in many touristy parts of spain by the airbnb effect. Check current rental prices before you decide whether you think it's a good enough offer or not.

4. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

That's really not low for Spain. I saw a school yesterday on TH that pays 13,500 Euros a year before tax.

Unless you're in a position of responsibility, this seems to be more than most Spanish schools offer

5. Teachallover

Teachallover Occasional commenter

@antmails, I have taught in Mallorca and know/know of quite a few of the schools. Please feel free to PM any questions you may have.

6. antmails

antmails New commenter

Super thank you have sent a PM

7. myztap

myztap New commenter

how to PM?]

8. Teachallover

click on my name and start a conversation

9. myztap

myztap New commenter

its not working the PM -
    I am looking into a position at American International school Mallorca -
    I was wondering if you had any experience with them or know anyone that works there -

I was interested in finding out about the city Manacor - and how the students are as far as behavior - how are the admin? is cost of living high for a family of 4?

I am currently teaching in the middle east and the students are challenging to say the least -
    however i dont want to face similar situations with less pay - but will consider if students are mostly well behaved and the salary is enough for 4.

thanks again - if you prefer to send me a PM that would be fine

10. Teachallover

Have sent you a PM. Click on your icon in the top right corner and see conversations