1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TEACHING of WRITING...help :(

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Chatterbox1607, Aug 18, 2013.

1. carbod

carbod New commenter

I've pm'd you as well

2. Can I please have a copy.

Missdaniellewalker@gmail.com

Many thanks x

3. funkyyay

funkyyay New commenter

Please could I have a copy.

Many thanks

funkyyay@yahoo.com

4. These are done! Please remember to join the talk for writing forum for planning, resources and so you can share YOUR good practice with others!

Join here;

community.tes.co.uk/.../default.aspx

5. This resource is excellent, highly recommended to others! Thank you!

6. I have just seen your post from August and would appreciate it if you could forward me a copy of the talk4writing materials also please.

jennyc0143@yahoo.co.uk

thank you

7. Hi, sorry for the delay, but I have sent that out. Enjoy!

8. paulsara2

paulsara2 New commenter

Would very much like a copy please

paulgreenwood59@btinternet.com

9. Done! Make sure you join the talk-for-writing group too for loads of free resources, advice, planning, sharing of good practice etc... Make sure you come and contribute your talk-for-writing experiences there too!

community.tes.co.uk/.../default.aspx

10. could i have a copy of the talk4writing materials.

Many thanks maureen.hbest@ntlworld.com

11. I would love a copy of the talk4writing materials.

lorraryall@yahoo.com

Thank you for sharing :)

12. Hi Ross, I know I'm late to the party but could I have a copy of your TFW resources? clairenoble1@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you

13. I can't see any mention of what age u teach, but one of the things which handicaps many young children's writing ability, and quite a few older ones too, is lack of spelling confidence. Tedious though it is, most children have to be taught the 4,000+ common words with one or more irregularly used letters - http://englishspellingproblems.blogspot.co.uk/ . Those words need regular teaching in small doses and revising from time to time, even testing occasionally, in moderation (better done individually, with a computer program than with class tests).

Some avid readers are able to imprint the irregular spellings on their mind simly by reading copiously, but the majority don't. They need to spend time on learning the mechanics of writing to cope with genres and different styles. It's less fun, but essential for as long as English spelling remains the mess it is.

14. ecawemma

ecawemma New commenter

You might find it useful to consider the teaching sequence devised by UKLA to think of a unit as a whole - generally over 3 or 4 weeks. Take a look at some examples on emmarogers.org.uk/literacy-planning-texts . That might help to see how everything links together.

Emma

15. baileyblade

baileyblade New commenter

Sorry for jumping on the band wagon but could I please have a copy? nskirrow@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you

16. violingirl

violingirl New commenter

Is this still available? I wonder whether you might save it on resources if you had time and would be so kind. I don't want to post my email address, as it gives away my identity! Not that I have said anything terrible on other forums!

17. We are continuously updating this pack and as such would find it an inconvenience to upload on a regular basis. This being said a lot of the material can be found on the 'talk-for-writing' forum and is free to be used how you wish, alternatively you can send your email to me via private message and I can forward the latest edition of the pack.

18. Done!

Make sure you join the talk-for-writing group too for loads of free resources, advice, planning, sharing of good practice etc... Make sure you come and contribute your talk-for-writing experiences there too!

community.tes.co.uk/.../628.aspx