1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TEACHING of WRITING...help :(

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Chatterbox1607, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Could I have a copy please it looks like you are having impact hikazzy@googlemail.com

2. Hi Ryvita1 you can now find my 3/4 work on a new group I've made called 'Talk for writing' which you can find here;

https://community.tes.co.uk/talk_for_writing/default.aspx

3. I have decided to create a group called 'Talk for writing' which can be found here;

community.tes.co.uk/.../default.aspx

The purpose of this group is to;

- Receive and share resources based around the 'talking for writing' approach for EYFS, KS1, KS2 & KS3.

- Offer and receive advice and expertise on how to bring 'talk for writing' into your class, key stage and whole school.

If this is something you think could be of benefit to you or that you feel you have valuable contributions to make to, please join!

4. Thank you that as quick off for a read now

5. Could I please have a copy

mwnci-bach@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you :) will check out the new group too.

6. Oboejane

Oboejane New commenter

Thank you for the resources, they will be very useful indeed :)

7. Sent and sent x

8. Would I be able to have a copy please?

Mcryanfam@aol.com

9. son1bun

son1bun New commenter

Can i have a copy please. Thanks so much.

son1bun@ yahoo.co.uk

10. As a new Literacy Coordinator, could I have a copy of your talk for writing materials please? Thanks

midwoog01@leedslearning.net

11. please may I have a copy too?

jellytotheath@hotmail.com

Thanks!

12. Done and done.

Don't forget to join the Talk for Writing forum I have set up to get advice and share your experiences with other people undertaking Talk for Writing.

13. Can I have a copy too please. My class love Talk for Writing and trying to bring it in as a whole school approach! Katy2605@hotmail.com.

Thanks

14. missmarvellous

missmarvellous New commenter

Please could I have a copy of this ? And the year 3 work? Thanks for sharing.

wrosling@gmail.com

15. Please may I have a copy?

sarahgurbutt@msn.com

Many thanks

16. I have sent out the 'talkforwriting' packs.

Note: A number of people have asked for my planning. You can now found my planning for an 'Explanation' text for year 3/4 under the 'resources' page of the new 'talkforwriting' forum. Where it is free to download. (Could easily be used with year 5 by the way).

Make sure you come back with YOUR planning to share and improve on by offering it on our forums to other 'talkforwriting' members!

The link is here;

BY THE WAY!

• In the couple days I will be posting articles with a more in-depth view of the three stages of 'talkforwriting' entitled A closer look at Imitation, Innovation & Independent.
    • We as a school are also working on providing material for the EYFS and this will be put on the forum soon.
    • We are also working on 'word, sentence warm-ups' games and activities for you to play before, during and after literacy sessions which will aid the children in the 'talkforwriting' process.
    [A number of these games can already be found in the 'talkforwriting' pack we produced but these mainly focus on grammar alone (A school target). We are looking to produce more.]

17. Ooooh the talk for writing stuff sounds fab, may I have a copy?

Address is katie.br@mcrprimarypgce.co.uk

Many thanks

18. Carolyne740

Carolyne740 New commenter

Could I have a copy too :) Sounds great

carolyne-bateman@argeleb.plus.com

Thanks

19. These have been sent :)

20. Please may I have a copy too! joannebrown@teachers.org

Many thanks! Now off to look at your forum..................