1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching observation - details given on the day.

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by tigger82, Jan 26, 2012.

1. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

Congratulations on all your interviews -well done. Have you been following Theo's advice? I think it really focuses your mind and improves your applications.
    I cannot comment on interview lessons as they are not common practise in Scotland (alothough they should be IMHO). I just wanted to wish you luck and I look forward to reading your Dear Theo..I got a job post!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Excellent! Very well done.
    It does sometimes happen, and you'll be given plenty of time. Just sit down and think what it might be, vaguely, and then gather together a big bag of things (esp examples of things at different levels) to take along with you to help you plan.
    And do read the advice in the Welcome thread in the 2 Interview clickables - they are really helpful.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Congratulations THREE interviews, WOW!
    Just added you to the Interviews reminders<u> </u>thread to ask everyone to keep their fingers crosses for you.

4. tiggerific1989

tiggerific1989 New commenter

Hi,
    Thanks everyone. I've now heard from the school where i taught today and i do have an interview for tomorrow. Problem i have now is if i'm offered the job i'll want to accept but it's a maternity and one of the ones on Monday is a permanent.

5. tiggerific1989

Well i've heard from the school where i had an interview on Friday and was unsuccessful. I interviewed well but there was a stronger candidate.
    However, i've also heard from the school i didn't think i would make it to today and have been offered a maternity cover starting at Easter. Now i've just got to wait and hear from the permanent job so i can get back to them.

6. Lara mfl 05

Nailbiting time then! At least you've been offered one, so one CONGRATULATIONS is here and who knows. . .

7. tiggerific1989

Thanks Lara, although i now have deadline to give an answer by so if i don't hear from the other school i'll be accepting. I have phoned the school i was waiting to hear from but was told a decision had been made but the head was out and it wasn't their place to say.

8. Lara mfl 05

Quite right but grrr. all the same.