1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

teaching 'natural form - mixed media' to year 8's.

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by ArtTeacherCH3, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Hi, i'm on placement and have been reading my schemes of work from my new placement school, all is good and very organised but year 8 have a bit of a dull project.

they basically do a load of observational drawing exploring different materials, charcoal, pastels, pencils etc. and then create a flat image at the end in their preferred material, any ideas how i could spice this up? or maybe some good artists i could look at?

thank you

2. Hi, i'm on placement and have been reading my schemes of work from my new placement school, all is good and very organised but year 8 have a bit of a dull project.

they basically do a load of observational drawing exploring different materials, charcoal, pastels, pencils etc. and then create a flat image at the end in their preferred material, any ideas how i could spice this up? or maybe some good artists i could look at?

thank you

3. Peter Randall-Page is one of my faves, could look at printmaking, drawing and sculpture.

4. great, thank you, that was very helpful. I have planned to do something similar actually, exploring a different material every lesson, (good point about sticking with the same object) and then at the end they are going to to a finished image using at least four of the mediums we have tried. they are going to do their final image in a hexagon, then cut it out at the end and display them in a honey comb path :) I'm going to them to describe the object as you suggest and jot down the key words and then in the view at the end they can make sure they all have drawn them... thank you so much for taking the time to help me! x