1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching National 3/4 History

Discussion in 'Scotland - curriculum' started by Henders1977, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Henders1977

Henders1977 New commenter

Hello there.

I am looking for any tips/advice/guidance re teaching National 4 and 3 History. I have been a History teacher for nearly 20 years in the North of England. I secured a teaching post at a special school in West Lothian in November 2017 and I am teaching a History group this year. I have looked at all the information available on the SQA website, but I would appreciate advice from colleagues re resources, curriculum planning and getting pupils' work ready for verification. There isn't another historian at my school and I want to make sure I am teaching my pupils the correct topics - any advice would be much appreciated. I have bought textbooks, but they are a bit too challenging for the kids I teach. Most of the group will probably do national 3 at first. Especially as I have mainly worried about getting kids through their GCSEs and A Levels in the past. My fault for marrying a Scottish girl!

Thanks,
    [This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2018