1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching Music International Baccalaureate

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by balders23, Feb 27, 2012.

1. balders23

balders23 New commenter

Hi
    I am going to be teaching the IB next year and I think I am going on a course so I am not too worried, but is there any advice on books to read to prep me. I've seen an earlier post which seemed to have a lot of books on subject content and suitable for pupils, but what about a syllabus or something that is more of a teacher guide? Do these exist? My internet searches are producing nothing much!

Or even where I can find a proper list of the set works etc, as I'm finding even the IB websites are being very vague!

thanks!

2. balders23

balders23 New commenter

Hi
    I am going to be teaching the IB next year and I think I am going on a course so I am not too worried, but is there any advice on books to read to prep me. I've seen an earlier post which seemed to have a lot of books on subject content and suitable for pupils, but what about a syllabus or something that is more of a teacher guide? Do these exist? My internet searches are producing nothing much!

Or even where I can find a proper list of the set works etc, as I'm finding even the IB websites are being very vague!

thanks!

3. Try posting on the music forum, you are more likely to get answers. Good luck.

4. Alphaalpha

Alphaalpha New commenter

As an international music teacher of some 25 years, trust me, you are basically on your own. Do your own thing and trust in Essential Elements if you are doing band!! Good luck!!

5. miketribe

miketribe Occasional commenter

Write to the IB Coordinator at the school and ask him/her to sign you up to the IB OCC then go on that forum with your questions. They've always been very helpful to me, although I don't teach music...