1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching Methodology

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by welsh_gje, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Morning All,
    Following yet another Unit 1 (WJEC GCSE ICT) dissapointment in the January results I wonder if anyone has any methodology tips for getting the better grades.
    I do everything others do - revision notes, revision sessions, extra sessions etc etc Lessons are engaging - pupils ask questions. They are fun.
    We look at mark schemes and past papers.
    Yet in the results the pupils did awful. The paper was too easy and WJEC marked them down moving a lot of C candidates to a D grade.
    I'm in a bad place this morning,
    So what do people here do in regards to methodology?
    Thanks
    Gareth

2. Morning All,
    Following yet another Unit 1 (WJEC GCSE ICT) dissapointment in the January results I wonder if anyone has any methodology tips for getting the better grades.
    I do everything others do - revision notes, revision sessions, extra sessions etc etc Lessons are engaging - pupils ask questions. They are fun.
    We look at mark schemes and past papers.
    Yet in the results the pupils did awful. The paper was too easy and WJEC marked them down moving a lot of C candidates to a D grade.
    I'm in a bad place this morning,
    So what do people here do in regards to methodology?
    Thanks
    Gareth