1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching Maths-Physics in Vietnam

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Newstein, Dec 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Newstein

Newstein New commenter

I am 20+ yrs experienced. What salary should I ask for?

2. bead

bead New commenter

Top of the salary scale for that particular school.

3. willow78

willow78 Occasional commenter

Which school ,any clues?

I'm in Vietnam is you have any questions?

4. Mickyd197se

Mickyd197se Occasional commenter

The school in Hanoi which sounds like a multinational organisation is by far the best school in Vietnam. In terms of package, reputation and longevity, at least.

There are a number of ok school in Saigon but they're mostly for-profit schools. Not a deal breaker, perhaps, but do your research.

If you're a competent Maths & Physics with good references...you should be aiming for the top. Unless you're an awful teacher, in which case grab what you can.

5. willow78

Did you mean to quote me?

I'm already in Saigon at one of the average schools (It certainly isn't average though, it's an outstanding place to work and send my children too, we are paid very weel, great students, supportive management and well resourced)

There is one other school which is simalar and a few ok ones.

6. Mickyd197se

Mickyd197se Occasional commenter

No, I didn't necessarily mean to quote you.

However, overall, what I said was what people think. HCMC has some cool schools (my buddy, in fact, is going to one) but was anything I said untrue?

7. willow78

It sounded like you were saying that there were only OK schools in HCMC, particularly the for profit schools (which I'm at), maybe I misinterpreted?

8. pete72

pete72 New commenter

willow 78 can you give clues as to where you are at? is it the one Not Always mentioned.... or do you know this school at all?

9. willow78

Yes I am at that one.

10. Newstein

Newstein New commenter

This company eeyemjee has offered me a place but haven't told me anything about the school's name or location. Should I be warned about anything?

11. pete72

pete72 New commenter

Willow 78 OH and I are both teachers and both thinking of applying to the school. Thoughts, tips dos and donts?!? Can( try ) to pm you ? I am new to all this...

12. willow78

I've sent you a message

pete72 likes this.