1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching Maths Abroad

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by MistryMagic, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Hi All,

I would like to teach Maths at an English school abroad (in Europe - France would be best) for an academic year as minimum.

Has anyone one got advice of where to start etc, as I am having trouble finding anything of any quality use.

Any help would be great.

Ash

2. Hi All,

I would like to teach Maths at an English school abroad (in Europe - France would be best) for an academic year as minimum.

Has anyone one got advice of where to start etc, as I am having trouble finding anything of any quality use.

Any help would be great.

Ash

3. pixel

pixel New commenter

Keep an eye on the TES. The adverts start appearing about now and reach a peak in january.
    Set up a weekly email from TES to notify you of incoming jobs.
    Are you limited to Europe?

4. Hi,
    I know your post was about 4 years ago, but did you manage to find a job abroad teaching Maths?
    I am doing my training now and hope to travel to europe to teach when I qualify but unsure where to start looking.

Hope you can help
    Thanks
    Stacey x

5. David Getling

David Getling Senior commenter

Jobs in Europe (especially Western Europe) are highly sought after. So, straight out of college your chances are going to be slim - though not impossible. If you do get lucky, though, just remember that there are some seriously **** schools out there, so you might not be as lucky as you think. Unless it's at a bad time of the year (and sometimes even then) good schools tend to get inundated with applications from well qualified experienced teachers. So they usually won't want to have to explain to fee paying parents why they have taken an NQT instead.