1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching L5 writing advice please

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Lauren1, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Lauren1

Lauren1 New commenter

Would any one be able to provide me with an adult friendly, let alone child friendly explanation of this sub level on Ros Wilson so that I can ensure my HA chn are working towards this? I've got myself tongue tied on it!

"can interweave implicit and explicit links between sections"
    Any help on this would be fantastic!
    Thank you in advance.

2. jwraft

jwraft New commenter

I've always interpreted it as in a piece of writing the child makes links between different paragraphs, whether they are obvious to the reader or not so obvious - sorry I'm just changing the words. For example linking back to the introduction and other paragraphs in the conclusion. This is one of the issues with the big write criterion scale, it can be quite woolly and very open to interpretation on some of the points, just as APP is.

I think it is taken from APP Level 5 AF3 and AF4 comments:
    development of material is effectively managed across text, e.g. closings refer back to openings
    overall direction of the text supported by clear links between paragraphs
    within paragraphs/sections, a range of devices support cohesion, e.g. secure use of pronouns, connectives, references back to text
    links between paragraphs/sections generally maintained across whole text

3. Lauren1

Lauren1 New commenter

wonderful, thank you!