1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching Jobs starting in January 2013

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by mcdaid86, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Hello all,
    I'm currently on the GTP in Physical Education in London. My course is running from Jan 2012 to Dec 2012, meaning that I'll be searching for a job/placement starting in Jan 2013. All the jobs advertised on this website and others are looking for a June-September start date. Does anyone know of any websites, schools or agencies that are looking to employ for a January start?
    Alternatively, should I sit tight and wait until the new academic year?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Hello all,
    I'm currently on the GTP in Physical Education in London. My course is running from Jan 2012 to Dec 2012, meaning that I'll be searching for a job/placement starting in Jan 2013. All the jobs advertised on this website and others are looking for a June-September start date. Does anyone know of any websites, schools or agencies that are looking to employ for a January start?
    Alternatively, should I sit tight and wait until the new academic year?
    Thanks in advance.

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

You're unlikely to see any jobs advertised for next January until considerably later in the year - for obvious reasons, i.e. schools tend not to know they need a teacher until the current incumbent resigns, usually before half term so that they can leave at the end of term.
    As you're only less than 3 months into your course, to apply now - for a PE job - would pit your inexperience against a large field (PE is massively over-subscribed, I'm afraid) of applicants, most (if not all) of whom are more experienced than you.