1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching in Ukraine?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Emeritusbc, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Emeritusbc

Emeritusbc New commenter

Has anyone ever taught overseas in Ukraine?
    I will have 5 years teaching experience, 2 years of teaching abroad.
    I have been looking for information regarding the package, salary etc of teachers in Ukraine but I can't find any information.

Yes, it will depend on years of experience, location in Ukraine, school etc. But I am merely looking for a general idea.

Thank you in advance for your information.

2. dumbbells66

dumbbells66 Lead commenter

had 3 great years there. just avoid the british school totally. look at the IB school or the American/IB school.

in those two schools then the package and benefits are good. i managed to save quite a bit. i paid off all my debts from living in the UK and Spain at least....and i managed to travel every holiday.

your liver might take an almighty kicking living there though...mine did :)

3. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

No, I never taught there, but I did go there three times and Mrs H comes from the Crimea. Borispol airport is not my favourite. Colleagues who have worked there have some horror stories of ghastly schools and lousy accommodation.

4. dumbbells66

that would be the British school @the hippo :). my accommodation was awesome.

i know what you mean about the airport though....it was worse until the opened the new international terminal !!!

5. Emeritusbc

Emeritusbc New commenter

What are the schools like? How do they compare to England in terms of expectations, resources, work life balance etc?

6. dumbbells66

my school was far superior to ANY british school i have ever worked at. my departmental budget was 4 times higher to teach 200 kids, than when i was in the UK teaching 800 kids.

the kids were awesome, in fact the lowest achieving kids at the school were usually the British kids that had come in from schools in the UK....well except for the Russian and Polish boys, but that was just laziness, not ability level.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018