1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Teaching in the US-- visas?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by 108560s, Sep 28, 2015.

  1. 108560s

    108560s New commenter

    I know there are lots of posts about the US on this forum, but I haven't seen any about my oddly specific query: what visa category is used for teachers working at British schools in the US?

    I suppose I'm in a different situation than most-- I'm Canadian, and Canadian-trained, but I most recently taught for 2 years in a UK state school. My school tried to sponsor me to stay longer, but that fell through, so now I am scrambling to find a position.

    There are a couple of adverts for January at a well known international British school chain that shall go unnamed; I'm aware that these posts are very competitive but I'm thinking mid-year adverts will be less so? But I'm trying to find out if the visa situation will be a non-starter as I've just had months of headaches fruitlessly trying to procure a new visa for the UK...

    Any advice would be very much appreciated!
  2. pizza15

    pizza15 New commenter

    See me post "USA how do I do it?"
  3. loranp

    loranp New commenter

    I believe you have to be UK-trained and a UK citizen to qualify for the visa category that the chain you referred to usually uses.

Share This Page