1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching in the Reception class in September. Advice please

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Galaxy2012, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Hi
    I have been told I am teaching Reception next year. I am currently in year 1. Any advice on planning, curriculum and general EYFS. My only experience was a 6 week block a few years ago.

Thanks
    BG

2. Hi
    I have been told I am teaching Reception next year. I am currently in year 1. Any advice on planning, curriculum and general EYFS. My only experience was a 6 week block a few years ago.

Thanks
    BG

3. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

the eyfs is changing with effect from sept. ask to go on any training available - all reception teachers should be getting some in the summer term. well, i hope they are! ours isn't till july.

4. hurny

hurny New commenter

Possibly start by reading the EYFS themes and principles cards. These are still part of the new EYFS and should help you to understand the differences between the KS1 and the EYFS curriculums.
    Then have a look at the new EYFS statutory framework and Development matters:
    Look around the TES resources section for examples of planning etc. although your own school's Reception planning should be considered first!
    Then consider what works for you and your class as you go along. I have worked in the FS for 12 years and my planning format has changed 3 times this year already!