1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Teaching in Spain

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by davidwatts4, Oct 3, 2018.

  1. davidwatts4

    davidwatts4 New commenter

    Hi all,

    I am a tutor in adult education, i currently teach IT, I have a 7407 teaching qualification, which i gained in 2003.

    I am moving to Almeria in Spain (soon I hope) and did a search on what i need to do for teaching. It comes up with loads of different things and I am totally confused.

    Any help and advice will be very much appreciated

    Many thank
  2. T0nyGT

    T0nyGT Lead commenter

    There's a guy on here called Dumbells who is in Spain I think. I think he's in about 5k Euros a month and seems to be loving it.
    spanboy, JL48 and dumbbells66 like this.
  3. blue451

    blue451 Lead commenter

    That depends on what you mean by teaching and what you mean by 'it'.

    If you want to teach in a british/imternational school then UK qualifications are usually but not always required. Not sure how adult education qualifications would be viewed but some schools are a bit lax about qualiifications anyway - not the kind of schools you'd want to work in mind you.

    If you want to work in a spanish school then you'll have to get your qualifications 'convalidated' which can be a long bureaucratic process. And if you want to work in a state school you'll also have to sit entrance exams.

    Oh you are awful

    @davidwatts4 don't take any notice, do a quick search for posts by dumbbells on Spain.
    towncryer likes this.
  4. dumbbells66

    dumbbells66 Lead commenter

    And there was me, not going to comment on a thread about Spain o_O

    If you are hoping to teach in Spain i suggest you invest in a Lion taming whip, or a riot shield;)
    spanboy and T0nyGT like this.
  5. davidwatts4

    davidwatts4 New commenter

    Hi thank you for the reply, IT is computers like word processing, Spreadsheets etc, my 7407 can be used in school in the UK

    Right so need to look at convalidated

    Thank you
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2018
  6. davidwatts4

    davidwatts4 New commenter

  7. spanboy

    spanboy Occasional commenter

  8. lunarita

    lunarita Lead commenter

    That's a huge generalisation. I've taught in several schools in Spain where the children were lovely and there were no issues with behaviour and none where they were as you describe them.
  9. tb9605

    tb9605 Established commenter

    Do you speak Spanish David? If you don't, then there's not much point in convalidating as that's only for teaching in Spanish schools.

Share This Page