1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching in Singapore

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by henryp1, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Anyone? Sorry didn't mention, we're a family of three.

2. wrldtrvlr123

wrldtrvlr123 Occasional commenter

According to one generally reliable source it would doable but not great savings ($500 a month, or so). That could be more depending on your years of service/education I suppose.
    Somebody on the ground might have better information.

3. Hi,
    As with everything it depends which school you work in.
    UWCSEA and Tanglin Trust are the big payers with good packages for housing, schooling for your child, excellent health care, flights home and a shipping allowance. Others are less genrous. I am now working in my third international school here and really enjoy the life style and challenges but savings - not really. Extra cash put my two children through med school! Good Luck in your search.

4. Hi

What kind of salary would be considered good for me and my husband (as a dependant ) to live on? Especially if we have to pay for our own accommodation?

5. happygreenfrog

happygreenfrog Occasional commenter

Too many people looking to go overseas concerned primarily with salary.

Staff at these schools will live comfortably in almost all cases.

If experiences are not your first priority and you've not got an open mind about everything else, stay at home, as you'll be disappointed otherwise.