1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching In Singapore...Good or bad move!

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Bugaloo, Jul 25, 2016.

1. migratingbird

migratingbird Occasional commenter

There's a few schools up North. Can you give further clues and I may be able to help.

2. timfox1113

timfox1113 New commenter

Hmmm. The one with school colors of red, white, and blue.

3. migratingbird

Best package on the island, I believe.

4. pinkfroggy1977

pinkfroggy1977 New commenter

Hi all,

I’m considering a move back to se Asia and specifically Singapore. I’ll have a trailing partner and 2 children. If we lived outside the city what would be a reasonable package there? We’d like to be able to afford 2/

5. migratingbird

Are you married to your partner? Send me a PM and I'll talk you through the different options/cost of living with two children. How old are the kids?

6. gill670

gill670 New commenter

Would you be able to add me to the chat as would be interested in the benefits package of th schools ( not ) mentioned . Thank you

7. migratingbird

I can start a conversation with you, it's easier for me to keep each chat separate. Check your 'conversation' box.

8. benhildamombo

benhildamombo New commenter

Morning all,

I am new to the thread but have similar questions to the ones raised before me, would you be able to please start a chat with me to discuss types of packages available?

Thank you

9. frogusmaximus

frogusmaximus Occasional commenter

Package, package, package.

What is wrong with people. You want to work overseas in a great location like Singapore . . . here's the package that lets you live a good lifestyle. Take it or leave it. Take it!

10. migratingbird

Done.

11. caslh

caslh New commenter

If you’re single yes! If you’re moving with a spouse and kids then financial security is important. Everything in Singapore is super expensive. You can’t have a good lifestyle here as a family without a good package/s.

12. teachercatesy

teachercatesy New commenter

When you have a trailing spouse and kids then package is very important.
    We need to know if it will be financially viable to do it.
    Having an idea of whether a package is $5k or $10k can help you decide if you should Pursue to application/interview process or not.

Just a quick question- I’ve posted it on the general forum but no reply.
    Has anyone moved from Australia to Singapore and brought their cat?
    Anyone done the organising themselves rather than one of the transport companies?

thanks