1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching in saudi with PGCE in post compulsory in education

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by opeel, Dec 20, 2011.

1. opeel

opeel New commenter

I have recently being trying to get on a PGCE physical education course to teach at secondary school level but I am finding it hard to successfully get on a course.
    I have always wanted to teach in saudi once i qualify and have gained QTS, now I am thinking about applying for a PGCE but to teach post education 16-18 year olds. If I have this qualification will I still be able to teach in Saudi Arabia in a few years time??
    Thanks for any help
    Shaun

2. opeel

opeel New commenter

I have recently being trying to get on a PGCE physical education course to teach at secondary school level but I am finding it hard to successfully get on a course.
    I have always wanted to teach in saudi once i qualify and have gained QTS, now I am thinking about applying for a PGCE but to teach post education 16-18 year olds. If I have this qualification will I still be able to teach in Saudi Arabia in a few years time??
    Thanks for any help
    Shaun

3. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

Other than the money ( which isn't that great ), why on earth would you want to?

4. opeel

opeel New commenter

My girlfriends parents live there, maybe Ive always wanted to was the wrong way to put it lol!! It's always been an option is probably better

5. Hi Opeel

I would suggest you to go on the website for the ministry of education of that country where you can contact the resource person by email. I think he will be in the best position to advise you also you can clarity all your queries.

6. happygreenfrog

happygreenfrog Occasional commenter

Having lived/worked in Saudi for 4 years I can see no reason at all why anyone would want to be there, unless they have secured a big fat salary or it is your last option for work. Most of the moneyed Saudis spend 4 months of the year outside the country which tells you what they think of the place too.