1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching in Saudi Arabia

Discussion in 'Australia - Staffroom' started by Aim4Jannah, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Aim4Jannah

Aim4Jannah New commenter

Hello everyone :)

I am primary trained (NSW) and graduated in 2013, i then completed grad diploma in TESOL and a cert 4 TAE and am currently working with adult migrants. I would like to apply to teach in Jeddah (specifically and ideally but open to areas in the Kingdom) and would love to know if anyone has made a move over and can share their experiences. The move will include myself, husband and 3 children.
    Some questions i have are:
    How was the attestation process like for you and what were the costs involved?
    Was the different curriculums difficult to adjust to and was there support from schools ?
    What curriculum is similar to ours that would be easier to transition to in an international setting?
    When bringing savings back home, were you taxed? What is the best way of bringing it home? Our plan is to buy a place before going and then using whats left from salary to make monthly repayments- is that possible without loosing too much in currency conversion?
    What kind of package can i expect? I know im probably not as 'attractive ' as others because i have 3 children and schooling would need to be included somehow.

I have so many questions and dont know where to look for reliable answers. I appreciate any and all advice, tips and suggestions you can offer me.