1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by lovelymissg, Feb 25, 2012.

1. I'm looking to teach in Melbourne this summer on a WHV. Am about to start applying for the VIT to teach in Victoria. It looks fairly complex reagrding documentation and certification of certificates. Anyone gone about it recently who could give some good advice? For example - where did you obtain police checks from?

2. I'm looking to teach in Melbourne this summer on a WHV. Am about to start applying for the VIT to teach in Victoria. It looks fairly complex reagrding documentation and certification of certificates. Anyone gone about it recently who could give some good advice? For example - where did you obtain police checks from?

3. Hi lovelymissg, get in touch with smarteachers dot co dot uk. They will help you out with all the details regarding what you need.

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I registered with smartteachers and they didn't help.
    First register with http://www.vit.vic.edu.au/registration/apply-for-registration/Pages/default.aspx You will need your Uni TRANSCRIPTS (not just your certificates)
    I applied in NSW so a bit different but didn't have to get my own Police Check just submit documents (Passport etc) from a list they gave me. These had to be certified copies (Signed by a Justice of the Peace) Took a while but wasn't overly difficult x