1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching in Malaysia

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by 012jazmine, Apr 4, 2017.

1. SineField

SineField New commenter

Yes when it comes to situations like that unfortunately there is very little that you can do to foresee them....... I once had a situation like that happen in the UK and there was nothing I could have done to see it coming. If people make promises only to go back on them as soon as the person is in post...... what can you do?!

missbrody likes this.
  2. ruthradwan5

ruthradwan5 New commenter

Hi there,
    Is it possible to chat privately with you? Have been recently offered a post and need to know if it's the same school/set up.
    Thanks!

3. grdwdgrrrl

grdwdgrrrl Occasional commenter

Yep, shoot me a message.

4. zashmon

zashmon New commenter

Hi ï would like to pm you as well. Please let me know how?

5. ruthradwan5

Looking for a ‘start a conversation’ option on the ‘conversation’ page but can’t find one. Am a newbie here...

6. roamingteacher

roamingteacher Occasional commenter Forum guide

Click on 'Teaching Overseas' above and then look top right (ish) for 'post new thread'. If can't find, use search page function. Make sure you're still signed in.

7. rosiecg

rosiecg Occasional commenter

To PM someone you click on their name in blue under their avatar, then it should come up with the option to start conversation. You can't do this as a new commenter though.

@zashmon I have sent you a PM. You can find it by going to your name/avatar on the top right corner of the page.

8. ruthradwan5

Can you PM me? it seems I can't PM you as a new member...

9. jero84

jero84 New commenter

Hi! I'm interested in moving to KL and have a couple of questions about a school. I'm an aussie who's been teaching for 10 years, the last 3 of which have been in the UK. Could anyone help me out? Thanks!

10. rosiecg

rosiecg Occasional commenter

Happy to pm if you want

11. SciHQ

SciHQ New commenter

@missbrody

It'd be great to chat with you about your experience in Malaysia. Would you be willing to send me a pm? Unfortunately as a new commenter I don't that option yet.

Many thanks, Sci

12. flippingteacher

flippingteacher New commenter

Hi Rosie. I'm also looking to apply to an International boarding school in Malaysia and wondering if I could contact you

13. flippingteacher

flippingteacher New commenter

...Hi! If possible, could I msg you too? I'm interested in a job in Malaysia but wanting an insider's view... thanks

14. Habena

Habena New commenter

please tell me the difference..

15. mattieg22081

mattieg22081 New commenter

is that KTJ in Negari Sembilan? if so you're pretty far outside of the centre of KL. like 2 hours outside. Their IG results are pretty impressive though.