1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching in Linhai, China

Discussion in 'US – Staffroom' started by Oscargd, May 2, 2020.

1. Hello everyone!! I'm about to travel to China and teach in Linhai city. I was wondering if there's someone who has traveled, been or taught in this city. What is it like? How easy is it to move around as an expat? Are the locasl generally friendly? . This is my first time in china and I'm just starting to learn Chinese. Do you think it is a good idea to start my international experience in a small or big city(Shenzhen)?

2. Chinawox

Chinawox New commenter

You'll get different experiences in each place, big or small city. Life is easy in the larger cities in terms of entertainment and getting around, but its easy to spend a year or two without learning much about the place as you don't really need to.
    A smaller city such as Linhai will be much more immersive in terms of local people and culture, but will still have enough familiar to any of us.
    Its an exciting journey either way, good luck!