1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching in Kyiv

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by kirby42, Jan 1, 2019.

1. kirby42

kirby42 New commenter

Can anyone give me advice on what schools are like in this city? Their conditions, pay etc. As I understand it, the quality of schools in the city varies massively. I have been to the city before and really liked it.

I know that there are regular visitors on this forum who have worked there. If any of those wonderful people would be willing to send me a private message, I'd be grateful!

2. dumbbells66

dumbbells66 Lead commenter

Some great schools some not. Its been a while since i worked there but still have friends there. In the top two schools, the IB and the "American" one you will get a good package that you can save a lot from. Cost of living is low. Just avoid the British school, it is firmly at the bottom of the list when it comes to schools in the city.

I loved my time there, it was certainly a massive step up from my previous country, Spain in terms of everything.....but the winters ars harsh

3. kirby42

kirby42 New commenter

Dumbbells65, would you mind sending me a private message please? I can't send you one because my profile doesn't have full access yet. I have some specific questions about schools there, including the British one.