1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching in Kuwait

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by e-ribeiro, Apr 23, 2020.

Tags:
  1. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

I’m not sure how you contact TES (maybe somebody else can say), but just ask them to change it because you have used your real name and would like to use an alternative.

2. e-ribeiro

e-ribeiro New commenter

I haven't started yet!

3. truth_seeker12

truth_seeker12 Occasional commenter

Have you looked in to the school properly? Good luck

4. TreeMaroonDog15

TreeMaroonDog15 New commenter

I've been thinking about moving to Kuwait for the next academic year and have recently been made an offer. It would be great to talk to somebody out there already to get a better opinion of the country and its schools.

5. TinyTeacher92

TinyTeacher92 New commenter

I have been here for 3 years if you need advice on the school or the country in general.

6. akalhagin

akalhagin New commenter

Hey all,

I have accepted a job in Kuwait due to start in September 2020. This forum has been useful. If you would be so kind to drop me a message @TinyTeacher92 so I may just ask a few questions specific to the school I have accepted if that's ok?

Thank you :)

7. TinyTeacher92

I've just tried to @akalhagin but unfortunately I am unable to send messages as I'm still relatively new. If this changes I will give you a message.

8. akalhagin

akalhagin New commenter

Its fine, if you have email or WhatsApp or something. Thanks

9. TinyTeacher92

I can't think of a way to give you y details without writing my personal details on the forum. If you give me a cryptic clue about your school then I can give you details about it if I have any. I can also answer any general questions you have here also.

10. akalhagin

akalhagin New commenter

@TinyTeacher92 I get that and can appreciate not wanting to plaster your information over a forum. The school sounds similar to the name Jess just swap the J out for a similar sounding letter and lose an s :)

11. TinyTeacher92

I assume you're talking about the school based in Salmiya. If you are going to be working in Secondary then beware the woman beginning with M who runs this part of the school. They fire people at will for minor offences and often set unrealistic deadlines. My source is to friends who previously worked there and left after a year. I believe Primary is run better so you won't have as many issues. However, if you keep your head down and get 'in' with the right people then you will be left to your own devices.

Your accommodation will be in an area called Fintas and it will be basic. The bus journey will be about 30 minutes but sometimes longer in traffic.

The area the school is located in is quite nice and you have Marina Mall within walking distance which is a good place to spend an evening.