1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching in Kuwait

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by aliz22, May 27, 2019.

1. norwichred

norwichred Occasional commenter

Thank you :)

2. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Yes, a marriage cert is pretty much par for the course in most of the ME. Yes, some youngsters cannot be bothered and "live together" (or whatever the current euphemism is). This is unwise, in my opinion.

3. norwichred

We got ours attested to and glad we did. We wouldn’t be spending every day swimming on a private beach and the kids having the time of their life if we hadn’t :)

motorhomer likes this.
  4. snitzelvonkrumm

snitzelvonkrumm Occasional commenter

Good to hear you have made such a positive start to your new adventure.

5. norwichred

Thank you :)

We effectively had a six week holiday out here before we started work of which we’re in week four so we may well find things different when we start work.

But our school has been supportive, we’re even given free internet in our apartment, the children have acclimatised way better than we ever hoped. I can see the negative points that everyone has made about Kuwait but honestly it’s checks and balances and we’re loving it.

Hot though :D

Let’s see if we still feel this way in three months :)

motorhomer likes this.
  6. snitzelvonkrumm

snitzelvonkrumm Occasional commenter

Being forewarned but moving ahead with a positive but realistic attitude is very important. Young children will adjust as long as they are well supported and be much richer from the experiences.

motorhomer likes this.
  7. february31st

february31st Established commenter

Well make a plan and stick to it, 50,000 GBP in the bank and run or you will get stuck in the "one more year mentality".