1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching in Jordon

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by DPsych, Mar 19, 2016.

1. DPsych

DPsych New commenter

Hi

I've got previous international teaching experience but never in the middle East. Has anyone taught in Jordon? Would love to hear what it's like. Thanks!

2. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Jordan, not "Jordon". Do you plan to teach English? Or Geography?

3. DPsych

DPsych New commenter

Ah, my phone has spell checked my typing without my noticing. Apologies to Jordanians.

4. RoadNotTaken

RoadNotTaken New commenter

I am teaching in Jordan and enjoying my life here - the people are very welcoming, however, some schools are better than others, like everywhere else.

Which part of Jordan are you interested in?

5. DarthVader1234

DarthVader1234 New commenter

Jordan is a fascinating country with some of the friendliest locals in the world. Amman and Aqaba are wonderful places to live each with their own advantages. I thought the food was very cheap and very satisfying. Jordanian hospitality is second to none and locals make a big effort to welcome you to there country of which they are very proud of. Students are on the whole polite and hardworking from my experience. Amazing places to visit such as Jerash, Petra, Wadi-Run, Dead Sea, Karak, Dana Nature Reserve, Baptist Site and many more. The salaries are not as high as the Gulf countries but the cost of living is much cheaper. Medical care in Amman can be world class in other places it is not held in as high regard compared to western standards. Take the job its a great place!

agbak likes this.
  6. Tonyhadley

Tonyhadley New commenter

The driving is a bit mad! Actually make that - VERY mad!
    Food can be cheap, alcohol is not. Petrol is very cheap, cars are not. Exchange rate for sending money to the UK is excellent at the moment! You can get every footie, rugby and cricket match with your BeIn Box!
    Schools vary.