1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching in Italy

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by hippychick123, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Hi I am in the middle of considering taking up a teaching job in an international school in Italy.Can anybody give me any sound advice as to how I can decide I have tried to research the area and school but havent found a lot really and the head has emailed me asking me to tell him if I wish to proceed what worries me is the timing its to fill a vacancy asap so by end of january..Would it be viable for me to ask more questions and if I could have a probationary period incase I didnt like the job or they didnt like me Thanks any pms gratefully received hippychick1232001uk@yahoo.co.uk

2. Hi I am in the middle of considering taking up a teaching job in an international school in Italy.Can anybody give me any sound advice as to how I can decide I have tried to research the area and school but havent found a lot really and the head has emailed me asking me to tell him if I wish to proceed what worries me is the timing its to fill a vacancy asap so by end of january..Would it be viable for me to ask more questions and if I could have a probationary period incase I didnt like the job or they didnt like me Thanks any pms gratefully received hippychick1232001uk@yahoo.co.uk

3. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

For most young ladies from the UK, there are some excellent reasons for wanting to teach in Italy: fashions, food and those good-looking Italian men!

4. lovely.lady

lovely.lady Occasional commenter

I've sent you an email! What would you like to know as I currently teach in Italy and have taught in 2 different schools!

5. Hi,
    I am currently looking at making the move to Italy to teach for a few years (I am Head of Girls currently in the UK)
    Anyone have any advice on where to start looking? Thanks! :)