1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching in International Schools Barcelona

Discussion in 'Overseas trained teachers' started by lauramariedalli, Nov 29, 2018.

1. lauramariedalli

lauramariedalli New commenter

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice from people familiar with the job market of international schools within Barcelona and surrounding areas. I have an Australian Bachelors degree in Educational studies and I am now looking at studying a PGCEi but I m afraid this won't be regarded highly enough to gain employment as a primary teacher. I fully understand that PGCEi does not give you QTS, but I am wondering how many international schools within the Catalunya region actually require you to have QTS. Does anyone have any experience with this? Would I stand a chance with a PGCEi? Also, are there any other Australians out there teaching in Spain?? I would love to how you managed to qualify and work as a teacher in Spain.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Laura

2. jomaimai

jomaimai Established commenter

Are you aware that renting a flat in Barcelona is extremely expensive?