1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching in Ho Chi Minh City

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by amurphy94, Jan 16, 2019.

1. amurphy94

amurphy94 New commenter

Hi,
    I am a Primary school teacher in Scotland with two years experience and I am interested in teaching in Ho Chi Minh City. I would like some information/advice about schools, packages and general life in Vietnam. I would appreciate if anyone could give me some advice!

2. willow78

willow78 Occasional commenter

Life is good in HCMC, typical very busy, crazy and fun South East Asia big city.

Packages etc (From what I know pay is generally good in most schools as its still seen as not desirable as countries at such as Thailand, Hong Kong etc) depend on the school, lots of different levels, you might struggle to get in the better school with your experience as there is hugh competition for those jobs.

One thing that is strange compared to other cities I've worked in, is that all the schools seem to be located close by either in D2 or D7, which has it's good and bad points.

Good luck.