1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching in France

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by flowerpower100, Dec 13, 2015.

1. flowerpower100

flowerpower100 New commenter

I would love to move to and teach in Paris. I've obviously checked the TES website and I've applied for jobs advertised there. I just wondered how I could find out about recruitment fairs to increase the amount of positions I see available. Thanks

2. Landofla

Landofla Established commenter

It would probably look better if you were already living there. But as that is not the case, just send out your cv with a strong letter of application to the International and British schs in Paris. I wouldn't wait for positions to be advertised. Best wishes!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Jobs come up very rarely in the British school in Paris. The staff don't leave all that often.

They are considered plum positions, and I would be surprised if the school just accepted unsolicited letters of application. In fact, I've just looked at their website and they say:

Please note that we only respond to applications for specific vacancies as advertised.

I very much doubt that they will need to use the recruitment fairs. They don't need to recruit, they get large numbers of applications when they advertise a job.

They advertise in the TES (the post currently on their own website is also on the TES) , and you should consider them similar to top independent schools in the UK. If you are a good candidate for one of those schools, you would be considered a good candidate for the BSP.

January is the peak period for recruitment fairs. Here are some dates for your diary:

COIS fair

GEL fair

Search Associates Fair

Best wishes

4. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Although in theory the EEC allows a free movement of teachers and recognition on qualifications within the EEC state schools ,in practice this does not always work ,particularly in countries with a strong centralised teacher recruitment system such as France.
    If you want to teach overseas the majority of opportunities tend to be in the EFL sector and via the English language teaching schools in charities, businesses and schools. You could consider a TEFL qualification in order to try and get into this sector.