1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching in Dubai

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by lil miss d, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Mr_Frosty

Mr_Frosty Occasional commenter

Imo you get a better salary in the UAE outside of Dubai - they can pay less in Dubai as there is more demand for jobs there. I could take a taxi to Dubai and back every weekend (250 AED ish each way from my frint door to downtown Dubai) and still end up with more than I'd be getting doing a similar job in Dubai.

2. swsimp160

swsimp160 Occasional commenter

The job I turned down was in sharja at an Ozzie school. The headmaster asked me at interview 'so you are Scottish. Tell me do you have a drink problem'

Now having lived in Oz for four years that sort of question and display of ignorance was the norm but what I read about the racism and discrimination, and other horror stories about UAE I settled for much more money and Nigeria

Mr_Frosty likes this.
  3. cgwood1

cgwood1 New commenter

4. cgwood1

cgwood1 New commenter

Hello there,

Any info on the prep school of the famous Derbyshire school? It is in Al Barsha.