1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teaching in Dubai

Discussion in 'Independent' started by L11cex, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Hi
    I am looking to move to dubai and have interviews this week for JESS and GEMS Wellington primary. Does anyone have any thoughts on either school.
    Thanks

2. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

Try the overseas forum, but you may want to look into that small detail in the terms and conditions about not naming schools.

3. Hi, how did your interviews go? I had one with Jess for secondary post and will have one on Wednesday with . Gems.I can't wait to hear from Jess, hope it went well for you. Head of secondary was really nice and easy to talk to.Well academy is a new one in Silicon oasis. up to year9 so difficult to know what it will be like. Jess has avery good reputation.
    good luck

4. Hi had an interview for Jess, unfortunately I was unsuccessful :-( I thought the interview went well and was more relaxed than I thought it would be....Never mind. How did you do??

5. Hi Sorry to hear you diddn't get the job at Jess. They offered me the job, MFL secondary starting in August . I am very excited, the whole family is moving to dubai.
    I wish you good luck, I am sure you 'll get what you want. I started applying 3 years ago!i finally got it!
    keep going!

6. Hi, Congratulations, thanks for your advice. I actually applied for the Primary school and it was my first interview in 10 years, so I think I will be more prepared next time if I am lucky enough to get another chance!! You must be very excited and I am sure that you and your family will enjoy your time out there. Would be great to hear from you again and any tips you can offer
    [​IMG] me.

Kind regards.

7. Thanks, I will keep in touch and give you more info about the school when I am there. My 2 boys will be at Jess primary, foundation and KS1! will let you know if there is something coming...
    Good luck!
    Regards
    Forest

8. Hi, thanks so much [​IMG]. I'm sure they too will enjoy the new experience. Look forward to your feedback in the future.

Kind regards,

Shazia.